topbella

19 January 2013

Sugar wax - hair removal

Salam Alaikum

Hair removal is something we all have to deal with and there are soooo many ways of doing it.. I've personally tried quite a few products that are available, but i always fell back on the razors, as the chemicals were just too strong for my sensitive skin.

After having my 4th child, I started getting facial hair, argh! something that I had prayed wouldn't happen.. well I had to find a solution and started looking around for alternatives to chemical products. Sitting with a tweezer would take forever! First I found a product called threadease. It was alright, but time consuming, especially if you're not used to do threading.. then i came across epicare, which works similar to threading. Great to have on the go, but I didn't think it worked as well as normal threading. It often broke of the hair, instead of pulling it from the root and i also found it more painful than threading..


Then one evening, i came across an article about sugar waxing, this lady swore by it being the best method out there... So it made me curious and I looked it up. I came across this page http://howtobeawesomeforfree.blogspot.co.uk/
and that was the end of my search!
I've been using this method for almost a year now and i love it! although it's time consuming to do a whole body sugaring, the results are epic! the hairs grow out much thinner and in some places, they've not grown out as of yet :) Yes it's painful the first couple of times, but you do get used to it

If you try it, let me know how you got on with it


3 comments:

Parmita said...

Hair removal is always so troublesome. -_-
I went to the link. Although it looks like quite a work to me but I will give it a try.

Unknown said...

at first it is time consuming, especially if you, like me, have never tried it before. but when you get the hang of it, it's relatively easy. I only need to do this once every 3-4 weeks, so the time it takes is well worth it :)ofcourse it does depend on individuals hair growth

Anonymous said...

Oh I will have to try this when i have the time but i love my gillette Venus blade and since using it three years I haven't tried anything else. That blog sounds interesting and right up my street! Will check it out inshaAllah.

Post a Comment

About Me